Erasmus - Frequently asked questions

Where is the Faculty of Political Science and Sociology located?

The Universidad Complutense of Madrid has two campuses: the Campus of Ciudad Universitaria, in Moncloa, and the Campus of Somosaguas, in Pozuelo de Alarcón. The Faculty of Political Science and Sociology Faculty is located in the Campus of Somosaguas.

How do I get to the Campus of Somosaguas?

The Campus of Somosaguas is easily connected by public transport with two bus lines: line A (Moncloa-Somosaguas) and line H (Aluche-Somosaguas), as well as the tram line ML2 (Aravaca-Colonia Jardín/ Stop: Campus de Somosaguas)

Where do I apply for my public transport card?

The Transport Consortium of Madrid offers two different public transport card options:

1- The personal and nominative card to be monthly uploaded with the corresponding fare. You can request it on the following website of the Transport Consortium of Madrid: 

2- The Multi Card to be uploaded with single tickets or 10-trip bonuses. You can buy it in any tobacconist and in the metro or train stations. More information on this option can be found on the following website:

Does the university provide assistance to find accommodation?

No, the university does not provide any assistance to find accommodation. However, note that there are more than 700 places in 5 colleges belonging to the university and more than 6,000 in 33 schools and residences attached to the campus and in the city center. For more information please check the following link:

Which are my two reference offices at UCM?

Your two reference offices at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid are the International Relations Office of the Academic Vice Presidency for International Relations (Vicerrectorado de Relaciones Internacionales) in the Campus of Ciudad Universitaria and the International Mobility Office at the Faculty of Political Science and Sociology in the Campus of Somosaguas.

What can you do at the International Relations Office of the Academic Vice-Presidency?

At International Relations Office you can send the "application form", apply for the Free Intensive Spanish course and ask for general information about all Erasmus activities (e.g. welcome events).

What can you do at the Faculty´s International Mobility Office?

At the Faculty´s International Mobility Office you can sign the arrival and departure certificate, proceed the official registration (matricula) and manage the "transcript of records".

What is the required Spanish level?

A language level certificate is not required. However, a B2 Spanish level is highly recommended since most courses are taught in Spanish.

Is the free intensive Spanish course for Erasmus students mandatory?

The Spanish course for Erasmus students is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended. To take the course, you must fill the corresponding request in your "application form" and attend the level test on September, 3 in the afternoon.

When do the courses begin?

The teaching calendar for the academic year 2019/2020 can be found by clicking on the following link:

Must Erasmus students arrive before the beginning of the courses?

It is advisable to arrive a few days before the courses start because there are two welcome meetings scheduled for all Erasmus students, which will take place in the Communication Faculty´s Assembly Hall (ground floor, in front of the library):
3rd September: for students who have applied for the Spanish course.
10th September: for students who have NOT applied for the Spanish course.

Where can I check the courses’ offer and schedules?

The course offer with the corresponding time schedules and exam dates for all grades are available by clicking on the following link:

Erasmus students can choose any subject of ANY DEGREE and DOUBLE DEGREE (with the exception of the Double degrees: Management and Public Administration-Economics and Economic-International Relations). However, it is not recommended to choose first year´s courses.

How do I get my student card?

After you have received the acceptation letter from Universidad Complutense, you will receive an email with your UCM keys and all the information about how to register into our system. Once you have registered and activated your UCM account, you can request your student card at the Banco Santander´s offices in Somosaguas or in Ciudad Universitaria.

How does Library loan system work?

You can access to Library services with your UCM account and you can access to the loan service with your student card.

Life at Complutense:

You can find more information about life at Universidad Complutense by clicking on the following link: